Sunday, December 21, 2008

Last Minute Gift Idea... FOR ME!!!

It is December 21st and officially WINTER in the Midwest. The high temperature in Cincinnati today was 21 degrees with wind chills below zero; in other words, it is "butt-lickin' cold". Yes, it is the time of year when the weather once again seriously interferes with my golf game. I love to play golf, but am a firm believer that golf should be played in temperatures when you can actually FEEL the golf club. I also find it hard to locate your ball when it is buried in 6 inches of snow. Putting is just impossible.

I have not played golf for over 2 months, and I am going through some serious withdrawal. There is nothing like stepping on a freshly mown golf course and breathing in the smell of the fresh cut grass, pulling that big ol' driver out of the bag, pegging your ball and unleashing a 300 yard drive down the middle of the fairway. I love watching the little white ball soar against a true blue sky and land softly on the green. Placing my ball on the green, lining up the birdie putt and confidently drilling that baby into the hole. And while it has only been 2 months since I have done any of those, IT HAS BEEN TWO MONTHS!

Therefore, if I may, I would like to make a plea for a last minute Christmas gift. If you are so inclined and able, I would really like to go somewhere warm and play golf for a couple days. Just to break the monotony of winter in the Midwest. You see, I have small children and work for a non-profit, so going off for a week-long golf vacation has never really been in my budget, but has been a dream. I am not asking for a week, just a couple of days, maybe a weekend. The grantor of this wish is also free to join me, as I do not like to play alone. I don't even need to go somewhere fancy or expensive, I would settle for anywhere warm with a golf course. Tampa, Miami, Myrtle Beach, Australia; just make it warm.

Yes, I realize this is a rather large and tedious request, but that is why they call them wishes. I know that there are probably those of you who would like to grant this request, but do not have the resources. To you I say, thank you. For knowing that you would grant my wish is gift enough. Please know that I too would love to grant your wish, whatever that may be, this Christmas as well. However, were I able to grant your request, I would have no need of making my own, would I?

So, whatever your wish may be this Christmas, may it come true. But whether we have our wishes come true or not, I pray that your holiday is filled with joy, laughter, and that you are surrounded by love. God bless us everyone!

Peace.

Bill

2 comments:

Joe said...

Not gonna to happen, my friend. Not... gonna.... happen.

Bill Hobstetter said...

But a little dreaming never hurt anyone, did it?