Sunday, January 4, 2009

King for the weekend!

Sometimes we need to slow down and take time to rest. Our bodies need time to relax, recoup, and recover from the stresses that come our way everyday. Naturally, the best way to handle this would be to schedule some time to take a nice vacation to somewhere warm, or just stay home and relax and read a book. However, there are times when nature takes over and tells you, in a not so subtle way, that you will be taking a few days off, whether you want to or not. I had such a break beginning around 4 am on Friday. My little break came in the form of some sort of stomach flu. I did not really need a break. I did not want a break. But, I took a break.

Now, dear reader, do not fear, I will not share all of the gruesome details with you, but let's just say I was not a well person. I should have seen this coming as my youngest daughter had experienced a similar illness earlier in the week, and when she is sick, she wants daddy. Thus, I was with her most of the time receiving her germs.

I hate to puke and will avoid it at all costs. Yet, there is a time during your illness when you know that puking is inevitable, and you might just feel better if you give in. So, I gave in. I didn't feel better. So, I gave in again. And again. Eventually, when one is in such a state, you reach a point where there is nothing left in your stomach to expel but your body continues to try and expel nonetheless. One would think that the body should have a a sensor that tells the "reverse mode" that the tank is empty. Fortunately, this was only a minor portion of the experience.

I am feeling much better now, but my weekend was one I do not wish to repeat anytime soon. I hope you stay well.

Peace.

Bill

No comments: